Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm back (for now)

Work's completely consumed my time in the past month - let's just say it's been like enduring large rolling waves of ocean while huddled in a small life raft. The ocean is somewhat calmer, but by no means have the waves subsided.

Our team saw "I Am Legend." It is a viscerally entertaining film, although the last act was disappointing. Without giving anything away, the last act seemed tacked on without much deeper thought to what proceeded it. That being said the rest of the film was fun and engaging, and in particular the first act was truly scary. There are beautiful vistas of an abandoned Manhattan, as well as frightening scenes involving a pitch black abandoned warehouse. Lastly, I was surprised by Will Smith, who was surprisingly engaging and sympathetic without resorting to his old one-liners or comedic flourishes. Oh HELL YEAH!

Alright, gotta run again. Time to replace my Linksys router (piece of crap) with my new Netgear RangeMax router, which by all accounts, is consistent and solid.

later,
fRED

No comments: